Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Life and Times Of Uncle Grumpy

First let me be the first to say that I never thought I would be doing a Blog. It's not really a generation thing but at fifty three...well its new ground. My brothers daughter has a blog that has inspired me. The point at which is opens up is not the most happy but we never get to pick our times do we? Both my parents are still with me but are in declining health. My dad is the one right now with major isses even though my mom has colon cancer that is terminal. She has been fighting this with great strength and faith but at eighty three the body is wearing out.

Now my Dad...so much just floods my brain when I think of him. His life has been pretty wonderful in what he has done with it. Thirty some years in radio and tv...with another twenty at the pulpit of the Methodist Church.Mix with that the loss of a son and daughter way to early He has not always been the kindest of men but in the overall look he has done well. I could bitch and complain about this and that he did in my life but it would hold no ground in what it is now. Things are just moving to fast in my life to hold grudges or hateful thoughts on how parenting skills hold up under the light of day. If I were to do that my would be judged much,much harsher.

Today I spent some hours with he and my mom. His health has reduced him to almost nothing.Unable to do the simple task of walking, his life is filled with meds and doctors. They live in a assited living place with is great but I really believe we got them there to late for them to enjoy the things that are offered. Fluid has gathered in his body and around his heart. He has been to the hospital several times only to be sent back with a " thats all we can do" sendoff. Oh our wonderful medical system but I won't go there. Will he bounce back or is this the last run down to the wire? I know that only one person has that answer and he is not saying at this point.My faith as a whole has been heavily tested as of late but faith I have. Lets say its a family thing. This limbo land of the unknown has got me just swirling about...unable at times to make simple decisions on what path to take next for him. I find myself so limited on what I can do for him ...that in itself is grinding at my heart.

Do I know where I am going with all this? If you are reading this and saying"He could really use some lessons on sentence placement and spelling in general"...well you would be right. I use this as an insight to me as well as a door to you. You may choose at any time to close that door but to those who bear with me I say welcome to just one world of millions. There will be if granted time to look into the wonderful world of Warren but as know this is what faces me at the moment.

I ask in all earnest that you pray for the will of God to be .....heck I don't even know. Whatever you believe in,whatever you pray to or not pray to, I ask you hold my fathers name (Ray)up in thought or prayer.

So this opens my blog. Man oh man...I just thought it would be different. As it is said " It is what it is".


By the way...the title of Uncle Grumpy is not a bad thing..it was given to me by a woman that has a heart of gold and great faith in the Lord. Thanks Regan..I find much comfort and peace in your blog.

My peace be with you.......

Uncle Grumpy

No comments:

Post a Comment