Saturday, March 14, 2009

Well Now, I Say, I Say Now

Ever wake up in the morning thinking its one time and realize later it was way earlier? Then it is to late to lay back down cause you know you will not get back up. In my best FogHorn-LegHorn voice-" I Say...I Say...Boy! I 've been Robbed I Say!" I have done that recently twice cause my belief in my alarmclock is just not that strong. The radio alarm clock shows battle scars from years of service. We have had the bloody thing for over twenty two years! It was a wedding present from my folks. Dents and dings from various early morning attacks from the bedside.Then there is where I had to pry the snooze button back up after a hard landing on the floor. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking...

After only three months at my new job I have worked into a pretty good morning routine. Being self employed for over two years it was easy then to blow off the urgent need to rise butt early in order to prepare for my day. That is now not the case at all. The twenty minute ride to work has even gotten werid cause I am starting to notice the other same workers ants as we surry off at the same time.

My mornings start off in one of two ways..1) Cat Stevens singing" Morning has broken ..like a

beautiful morning...... OR 2) a line from a movie" I love the smell of napalm in the morning!!"

I believe the actor was Robert Duv___? Spelling braincell not awake as of yet. Vietnam war movie I think. I have come to realize that my brain is not user friendly. You may find that is a

common theme that I fall back upon.

First and foremost the morning allows me the time to spend with the God of my understanding.

I refer to this quiet time in such a manner as not to offend your beliefs however strange they may seem to me. Do not take me wrong either...I am not a Liberal...or LeftWing thinker...nor am

I a Conservertist or RightWing hardas_. I do think when it all boils down God is ...just that simple...God is...put whatever you like after that. So By The Grace Of God....Cat Stevens is playing in the background(symbolic only folks) for this morning......now where was I? Oh that's

right...Dear God, Thank You for this day and all that it will be...Thank You you God for allowing me another day of awakening....on..and on.....and on...yawn....and on...an

No comments:

Post a Comment