Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What Direction?

Its now Wednesday night and I sit at the computer wondering what direction? What direction in the sense of where do I go from here. I fell asleep after I got home at five and slept till nine-thirty. I awoke to a message from my daughter concerning mom and dad. Seems dad got out of the hospital and was back with mom this evening. It seems dad has lost the willingness to do just about anything at this point and is basically waiting to die. It is so sad to watch the process but it has been happening for awhile now. Once he stepped away from the church he has been doing nothing but burning time.
My daughter had quite the conversation with my mom tonight. God bless her she is just like my mom. The family as a whole has issues which is a understatement. I am not one to be throwing stones living in a fragile glass house myself. My mom in spite of having cancer and COPD is pretty sharp. Being that,she is looking for a way out of her mess but is finding her options are limited. I have so little to offer her. Mary and I have told her if anything was to happen to dad that we would bring her home with us. As scare as that makes me I would do so cause its the right thing to do. One of the hardest things to face is the fact that my dad has no real will to live. I believe if not for my moms love for him he would have given up long before now.
So all is not well in Parent Land right now. Their story is far from over and still very fluid. I just keep plugging away at these keys hoping that I will find some sense of relief from the emotions churning inside. I do know that the only true relief is in Gods hands. At times like this I see the human limits and the vast world that God has. I wish I could say I have a steadfast understanding of what I am to do but I really do not..hence the title...what direction?

No comments:

Post a Comment